Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Weekends at the River

I thought that I would share with you our weekend retreat. We are here most weekends from spring through fall. From my pillow I am able to look out at this view when I wake up! It's rough, I know! This house belongs to my husband's family (his grandfather designed it) and there is a house behind it that my parents own. I will take pics of my parents' cottage when they are done with the additions (they are adding on 2 bedrooms and making the porch into a sunroom).

See the hammocks at the end of the pier? Talk about relaxing!
This is another one of our favorite spots to relax. This tree is full of apples and I was able to make apple cobbler this past weekend.
The seagulls have landed! They are very loud too!
My parents' house is the cream house in the background. The kids love having their own beach!
This was such a beautiful sunset on Sunday...

Hope you've enjoyed seeing my "weekend getaway". Here, I have no internet and for the most part am able to just relax and get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.

2 comments:

Bella Della said...

Oh I am so jealous. It looks so relaxing there. I could just park myself in one of those hammocks and forget the rest of the world exists! Hope you are having a great week!

cherry said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I am leaving this weekend for the coast and can't wait...those pics are simply gorgeous. cherry

Related Posts with Thumbnails