Monday, October 27, 2008

Look at my new Shabbily Beautiful Dresser!


I have so many ideas for posts that I just haven't gotten around to posting, but I had to sneak this in today because I am just so excited about it! I saw this dresser from across the room at a fabulous church yardsale on Saturday and decided that I had to have it. As I was admiring it, along with my girls, a nice man came over and said, "I think you need that for $10.". It originally said $15, and I said, "SOLD!".




It has missing knobs, but I just happen to have found a bag of knobs at another yardsale during the summer for $1 that match. It's just a great sturdy and BIG dresser, perfect for my bedroom just the way it is...no painting involved, for a change! I also got a wash stand for $3 that I'll show you later!

Ten Dollars?!?! WooHoo!

p.s. Here's a shout-out to my parents for loading it and bringing it home for me while the kiddos and I were at my husband's firehouse fall festival!


p.s.s. I just realized that this is my 50th post! Yay to me for making it this long! Thanks to all of you in blogland for taking a lil' time out of your busy schedules for me!


14 comments:

Caroline said...

What a deal you got! I would keep it just the way it is as well.

Kim's Treasures said...

What a great dresser!! Love a deal!

Lisa Johnson said...

Love the dresser! What a great find and I'm thrilled that you are not going to paint it. It is fabulous as is. Don't you love finding things that don't need a lot of fussing with? I sure do. Anyway, way to go! I too have gotten prices lowered by just standing there looking at the item. Such fun!

Lisa

Stacy said...

Happy 50th! And awesome find! Love it!

~Stacy

Anonymous said...

Love, Love, Love, the dresser:)

Unknown said...

Love your dresser! YOu are so lucky!
xoxo
Diane

Alison said...

Happy 50th post Carmen!! I LOVE your new dresser. You can find the best stuff at church sales! You GO GIRL!

Robin said...

a treasure for sure! Happy 50th blog post!

a Pocket Angel said...

Carmen, Wow! What a fun sHabby cHic dresser..I love it! Great color too.. What a find.
Congratulations on your 50th post!
Blessings ~Mary~ :-}

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

Woo hoo is right!! It actually looks pretty darn good as-is, too -- I'm so shocked it was still there (waiting for you, I think!). And I know you will make it fabulous.

And...there's a $3 wash stand waiting in the wings?? I can't wait!

Congratulations on 50. Isn't this blog stuff fun?! :-)

Carla said...

Great find. I like it, alot! And congrats on your 50th!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

what good luck to find knobs to match the great dresser bargain!

Erin said...

Love love the slide-out drawers behind the doors. Score!

Betty said...

I think you got a fantastic buy in your dresser...

I am a thrifter and repurposer, if that's a word...my home is my hobby along with my family....

My first visit but I do plan to return....Betty @ Country Charm

Related Posts with Thumbnails