Monday, November 29, 2010

Bringin' Back the Jello Mold

 So, I started out making cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving and it turned into something more like jello, so I rolled with it.  It ended up being de-lish and I will definitely be making it again!
This pic looks like a picture from a 1970's cookbook, don't 'ya think?
I took out my thrifted Tupperware jello mold with the interchangeable tops that I bought 3 years ago and was scared to use...reminded me a lil' of "Chevy Chase's Christmas Vacation".

I ended up whipping up some sour cream and cream cheese to make a topping for it and it made for a nice dessert.

It's not picture-perfect by any means, but it was DE-LISH!
CRANBERRY JELLO MOLD
1 lb. fresh cranberries
2 packages black cherry Jello
1 can mandarin oranges
1 c. walnuts
1 c. sugar
Using a food processor, crush fresh cranberries until fine. Add 1 cup of sugar and mix well and set aside for 30 mins. Grind nuts and oranges in food processor and put in large bowl. Mix black cherry Jello using ONLY 1 cup of hot boiling water per package (no cold water).  Pour jello into nut and orange mixture. Add cranberries. Mix all ingredients together and pour into jello mold.  Refrigerate overnight.
If desired, whip cream cheese and sour cream together for topping when ready to serve.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Renee said...

I had a green mold like that. I guess I got rid of it years ago, not realizing I would want some of my vintage (that were new then) things again.

I love old cookbooks and love pictures of the old recipes.

your dessert looks delish.

Related Posts with Thumbnails