Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Hi All! I'm still here ;)

I just wanted to take a minute to let everyone know that I am still planning to add all of my thrifty goodness to my blog when I can make time.  I have been so busy lately and I'll tell you why...
So, my husband and I were on a weekend trip in the cute little town of Smithfield, VA.  We visited The Ham Shoppe there (Smithfield hams come from here).  As I walked out of the store (with bacon popcorn, bacon chocolate, bacon this, bacon that, and ham), I said to my husband, "They have everything bacon, even bacon lip balm...but NO BACON SOAP!".  While walking around town, I came up with the name "Hog Wash Soaps" in "What's Shakin' Bacon" scent.  We were jokin' around with the idea and when I got home, I got to work on a soap label to put in my file of a million gajillion things to do "one day".  Well, I printed it out and showed it a little bit and people thought it was a great idea.  I figured out the packaging would be little muslin bags with red gingham wrapped around them and the hogs with bubbles image wrapped around that.  So, I decided to try it out and when I showed one of my good friends, she LOVED the idea.  We decided to be business partners and to really DO THIS THANG!  Well, it's been two months and here we are with 10 "farm fresh" scents... www.RuralRevolutionLLC.com  and we are also on Facebook , so PLEASE "like" us!





2 comments:

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

No WAY!! That is super cool. I'm a vegetarian but I'll still 'like' you, lol. Good luck with your new venture!

Carmen said...

Thanks, Laura! No worries, the bacon soap is vegan, lol and have only been tested on animals because the soap fell into the pig pen while I was taking pictures. They loved it, scarfed it up quicker than I could grab it...and lived to oink about it. :0)

Related Posts with Thumbnails