Friday, October 17, 2008

Another great church sale last weekend...and $34 later

Well, boy were there A LOT of yard sales last weekend! I only went to 3 because, my daughter had a soccer game and then we had a wedding to go to, but I defnitely made out like a bandit! I first went to a church down the road from me that I went to in the spring and had such good luck...remember this post?
This is where I found the storage bench (that I will paint white and keep on my porch for outdoor toys) for $5.00!!!! Then I found the cute white wooden bin that was $5.00 and also is to be used for toys on the porch.
The teal GE fan was $2.00 at another sale (it works!), the salt and pepper shaker sets were all .50 at a different sale and the nice man gave my girls the very unique vintage basket purse with veggies all over it...they were thrilled! Back to the church sale, the lamp was $3.00, birdhouse was $1.00, tin planter .10, and the spools of lace were .50.
My favorite, the very old chenille and quilted bears were $3.00-$3.50 each! I'm keeping one of these...the bigger quilted bear that is the oldest. The glass cake plate was $1.00, glass frog/vase $1.00, leaf embroidered tablecloth .25, 2 embroidered dresser scarves .25 each, orange crocheted dresser scarf .25, pile of cute fabric quarters were .25. and the mystery bride in the beautiful swivel frame was $1.00!


The like new set of pink shabby chic sheets was $1.00, the very old framed mirror was $1.00.There's the veggie basket purse again ;o) The Scooby Doo Playstation 2 game was .25, the vintage dresser set was .25 as well.This dress for my oldest was .25!
And the Gymboree dress for my youngest, adorable shoes, and teal polo were each .25!Adorable and in the shop!A keeper!I never would have imagined that I'd find all of this within three sales! And my grand total was $34.00! Wanna go thrifting with me?!

7 comments:

Bella Della said...

Of course I do :) Though I think we might beat each other up- haha. On my way to Roanoke last Saturday I must have seen a million yard sales and I didn't have time to stop. It was torture. True torture.

I love the bears! You picked my fave to keep! Your blog is looking great. It really is funny how we are. It's been my plan for a while that as soon as I got done with my work event I was going to focus on updating my blog :) You beat me to it.

Carol said...

Oh, I'd love to go thrifting with you, too bad I live in Oklahoma! It is truly amazing you got all those items for $34.00 Have a good weekend! :>)
Carol

cherry said...

LOOOK at all that loot. Wow. I will take the scooby doo video. LOVE ME SOME Scooby. cherry

sharie said...

LOL, want to go thrifting with you? Oh dear we would end up fighting over all those finds..
"I saw it first!"
"Get off it is mine!"
"Keep your mits off it.." ouch, thud, thump, poke in the ribs...

All I can say is I wish I had your luck - and your weather! Raining here and very windy so no one emerges out of their house to sell anything.

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

Yes...YES I want to go thrifting with you!! Hoo boy, did you have a boom boom of a day. :-) I love that teal fan so much I can hardly stand it. So. Much. Good. Stuff.

Congratulations on your amazing haul!

abeachcottage said...

ok, I am one big thrifter, garage saler but I don't get things with those sort of prices, the 25 cents dress!!! the dollar mirror!

such an amazing haul, I can only think that if I came thrifting with you I would nearly die at what a haul I would get in your neck of the woods...

love it & love seeing other people's finds

Sarah

Anonymous said...

OK, I am in love. The bears have stolen my heart. I give in. I am besotted.
I can only break this spell if you accept my special Irish award for megabloggieness which you have in buckets! Pop over to my blog to pick it up. it is located on my side bar and is called "the gift of the gab award". shows a pic of Maureen O'Hara in her wedding gown.
I'd be honoured if you would accept it....Happy St Patrick's Day...Pam

Related Posts with Thumbnails