Saturday, June 28, 2008

Sorry I've Been Away for so Long...

...but I had a much needed vacation on the Outer Banks of North Carolina! It was so relaxing, but the fastest week of my life! The weather was beautiful and it was nice being able to spend a week with my family without the everyday stresses of work, chores, and other daily activities.

Here is my cute hubby & me when we first got to the beach. Don't I look relaxed already?!
I did little shopping, but my mom and I did have to hit all of the thrift stores (of course). We didn't have as much luck as we've had in the past, but we did get a few things for "The Porch". Oh, and I found a couple of cute dresses...here is one of them. I thought it looked a lot like a Lilly Pulitzer and was my only expensive purchase for the week at $17.00! It actually was at an antique & quilt store that I love.

And the starfish necklace & earring set was $10.oo at a gift shop...still a great deal!

This flamingo dress was $5 and the Gap corduroy jacket for my daughter still had it's original tag on it...

but of course, I only paid $2 at Goodwill!!!

Anyway, if you're going to the OBX this summer, make sure to check these thrift stores out...you never know...you just may find a treasure on the Outer Banks:


Hotline Pink
4140 N Croatan Hwy, Kitty Hawk, NC

Hotline
100 Uppowoc Ave, Manteo, NC

Hotline Too
2001 S Croatan Hwy, Kill Devil Hills, NC
Goodwill
5381 N Virginia Dare Trl, Kitty Hawk, NC

Children's Hospital of the King's Daughter Thrift Store
3838 N Croatan Hwy, Kitty Hawk, NC

A Penny Saved Thrift & Consignment
3105 N Croatan Hwy, Kill Devil Hills, NC

and this is the antique & quilt store that I love:

Outer Banks Quilts and Antiques
108 Sir Walter Raleigh Street, Manteo


Happy Summer!






No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails