Monday, July 14, 2008

Berry Picking

Picking our own berries is one of the simpler things in life that I really enjoy, it just seems so rewarding to me. My sister-in-law and I took our kids to pick berries at this farm, called Pleasant Fields. And although the kids enjoyed it for a little while, they were over it after the first hour in the 98 degree heat. So, my sis-in-law and I kept on for another half an hour while our children watched from the air conditioned van (while jumping out every few minutes to grab a berry snack).

Another reason to pick your own berries...you get to eat as many as your stomach will allow while you're picking!

And although, by the time I had finished sweating out 95% of my body's water, I just about had to have my clothing surgically removed, but... I had these!

Seriously though, it's just so rewarding to pick your own food and thrifty too (total for berries $16...$2 a pint)!

6 comments:

Lisa Johnson said...

Yummy burries! Great finds on last post. Love the little vanity. I too would have bought it.

Lisa

The Apron Queen said...

My kids are in the kitchen whirring up fruit smoothies for breakfast as I type this. These would be perfect! :) Great job. And awesome $ save!

For your daily dose of vintage goodness & a bit of silliness, stop by Confessions of an Apron Queen

Sue (Vintage Rescue) said...

I just found your blog, and am astounded at the thrifty finds you get! Keep going, grrrl! XOX

P.S. Where is your shop?

Bella Della said...

I just found your blog today and I have enjoyed it so much. In fact, I just added you to my list of faves. You have a real gift for thrifty treasures. I like to think that I do too- I try, anyway. Happy hunting.

Kim
BellaDella

The Style Sisters said...

Gorgeous berries and amazing blog. Love all the deals you find and how you fix up the furniture! Way to go! You will be on our list of favorite blogs.

Karin

The Style Sisters said...

We just did a post about your blog today. Come take a peek.

Karin

Related Posts with Thumbnails