Thursday, May 15, 2008

For the Love of Jesus

A couple of weeks ago my hubby and I started out the day by going to our local Goodwill auction. It was quite impressive, but we were outbid. There were over 400 things up for auction, so who knew that we would be outbid on the 3 things that we wanted?!
So on to The Love of Jesus Thrift Store where I found just the coffee table I was looking for.

This one is very well made, heavy and HUGE! It will be perfect to play board games on during family fun nights. Well, when I went to check the price, there wasn't one. The other (ugly) tables around it said $40-$65, so I almost didn't ask the price. I was finally able to catch a young man to ask him how much and he said, "I don't know, how about $25? Well, as a matter of fact, I'm not supposed to do that, so how 'bout you go over and talk to the guy in the black shirt." So I went over to him, thinking that he would never say under $40 and guess what?! He said, "How 'bout $25?". I tried not to jump for joy, but was thrilled and on the way out picked up this cutie-patootie set of 4 plates for $3.00.

Guess who's lovin' Jesus now!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails