Friday, August 29, 2008

Mmmmm...Blackberry Cobbler

This is the scrumptious recipe that I used for the end of these blackberries, but you could use any fruit in it's place.
Preheat oven to 375°. Place 4 c. fresh blackberries (or fruit of choice) in a lightly greased 8" square baking dish. Sprinkle berries with 1 Tbsp. lemon juice. In mixing bowl, stir together 1 large egg, 1 c. sugar, and 1 c. flour until coarse. Sprinkle the mixture over the berries and pour 6 Tbsp. of melted butter over topping. Bake at 375° for 35 mins. or until lightly browned and bubbly. Yummy!Ooops! It went so fast that I didn't get a picture of it before the last piece was left... And of course, it's wonderful served right out of the oven with a scoop of ice cream!

Well, I'm off to the river to enjoy the end of summer vacation...

I hope that you all have a wonderful Labor Day weekend!


4 comments:

Bella Della said...

Yummy! Hope you guys are having fun at the river. I am taking it easy at home and enjoying every second of it.

sharie said...

Blackberry Cobbler is one of my favourites too! Yummy.

cherry said...

YUMMMMMMMMMM this is one of my faves....I miss being able to pick my own blackberries. Gotta buy them in the stores now. Happy Labor day. cherry

Selena Ze Arteest said...

Looks delicious. Nice blog, I think I should digg it ))

Related Posts with Thumbnails